Inner Mentor Training 1 ~ Glastonbury
July 6 @ 9:30 am - July 7 @ 5:00 pm£90 – £180
Are you a father?
Are you ready to meet your son in his teenage years?
Do you work with young people?
Are you resourced to further develop your capacity for working with teenage boys?
Do you want to become a great mentor to the next generation of even greater men?
The Inner Mentor Training 1
Is a small group experiential training for men.
For fathers, carers, uncles, men working with adolescents and all men interested in their personal and professional development.
Sat 6th July (9.30am – 6.30pm) & Sun 7th July (9.30am – 5pm)
The Inner Mentor Training 1 will help you:
● Be prepared to support your son through his teenage years
● Deal better with challenges with adolescents at work or in volunteering
● Improve your mentoring skills and be more comfortable around teenagers
● Improve your ability to deal with communication breakdowns with teenagers
● Reconcile your teenage experience and be better able to be clear and present
This training is interactive and self-reflective; designed to support you in exploring, embracing and acknowledging your teenage experience. It will help you understand how that experience still affects you and those around you today and contribute to your professional and personal development.
Overview of the Inner Mentor Training
● Revisit your experience of adolescence
● How fathers/carers/mentors influence our teenage experience
● The need for a safe place in a teenager’s life
● Revisiting ‘that conversation with dad’ you didn’t have as a teenager
● Our place within the flow of the generations
● How to see the positive in teenage challenges
● The role and qualities of a mentor
● Basic principles of skilful mentoring
● The importance of play in relating to teenagers
● Information about JourneymanUK group mentoring
There will be a combination of dialogue, small-group exercises, games, and personal reflection. There will be an encouragement to share honestly about your experience, as much as you choose, with guidance and support.
The IMT stands alone as a powerful personal development experience as well as the entry point training for Journeyman mentors. It is a safe and confidential space to experience what it is like to be present in the company of men and in doing so to make a unique contribution towards securing a healthy future for all. In some way all men ‘mentor’ adolescents by modelling how we are as men in the home, workplace and in the world.
If you are interested in starting or joining a local mentoring circle or staffing the Rites of Passage Adventure the IMT is a good preparatory step and will give you an experience of what Journeyman is about. It will also help you become more aware of how you are around young people, and how that affects your relationships with them. Journeyman welcomes men of any race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or religious affiliation.
The IMT is led by Journeyman facilitators plus men in supporting roles.
£90 for members
Bursaries & low-wage reductions are available, please ask for details.
The IMT timings
Sat 6th July – 9.30am-6.30pm – doors at 9am
Sun 7th July – 9.30am-5.00pm – doors at 9am
The IMT is held at The Secret Coombe, Glastonbury (further details on confirmation of your place).
If you need accommodation get in touch. There is limited rentable accommodation onsite and it may also be possible to get accommodation from a local attendee based in Glastonbury. Or there are B&Bs just around the corner from the venue.
Bring a packed lunch for Saturday and Sunday lunch and snacks to share. There is also a chance to cook simple food on a fire on the Saturday evening. Tea, coffee and soft drinks will be provided, please bring a water bottle.
● Pay now via PayPal. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, phone number and the date you made the transfer.
● Post a cheque for (payable to Journeyman UK) to: 23 Summer Crescent, Stroud. GL5 1PP. Include your name, address, email and phone number.
● Arrange cash payment in advance.
For more information: Peter Frearson 07712 305 611 – email@example.com
“An amazing process, very well held. Safe, compassionate, tough, joyful, sad, uplifting, enriching…” DR, Stroud.
“I would recommend this training to any man, the gold available here is immense,” RK, Stafford
“I loved seeing an inspirational model of leadership” CM Glos
“A beautiful well held space to open up listen and be heard” TS Bristol
“How funny, that after all those years my inadequacies might be the strengths that I can build myself as a man” BS Glos
Still not sure? Come to our Open Circle on July 4th to find out if the IMT is right for you.
● Bring a picture of yourself as a teenager and a picture of your dad/father figure.
● Bring own lunch and snacks to share – see above.
● Accommodation: if you need accommodation, you may be able to stay with a local participant; let us know.