- This event has passed.
Inner Mentor Training
February 24, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - February 25, 2017 @ 7:00 pm
An experiential small group training for men. Suitable for men working with adolescents, fathers, carers, uncles and all men interested in their personal and professional development.
- Like to improve how you relate to teenagers you support and care about.
- Deal better with challenges at work or in volunteering with adolescents.
- Want to improve your mentoring skills.
- Like to feel more open and comfortable around teenagers
- To improve your ability to deal with communication breakdowns with teenagers.
- Like to know how to support adolescents through the teenage years.
This training is interactive and self-reflective; designed to support you in exploring, embracing and acknowledging your teenage experience. It will help you understand how that experience still affects you and those around you today. It can also contribute to your professional and personal development program.
- The importance of play in relating to teenagers.
- Revisit your experience of adolescence.
- The role and qualities of a mentor.
- The need for a safe place in a teenager’s life.
- How fathers / carers influence our teenage experience.
- Revisiting ‘that conversation with dad’ you didn’t have as a teenager.
- Our place within the flow of the generations.
- How to see the positive in teenage challenges
- How others attitudes influence teenage experiences.
- Basic principles of skilful and unskilful mentoring.
- A group mentoring experience.
- Information about JourneymanUK group mentoring.
There will be a combination of dialogue, small-group exercises, games and personal reflection. There will be encouragement to share honestly about your experience, as much as you choose, with guidance and support.
It also stands alone as a powerful personal development experience. Moreover it is a safe and confidential space in which to experience what it is like to be present in the company of men and in doing so to make a unique contribution towards securing a healthy future for all. In some way all men ‘mentor’ adolescents by modelling how we are as men in the home, work place and in the world.
If you are interested in starting or joining a local group or staffing a Rites of Passage Adventure, this weekend will be a good preparatory step that will give you an experience of how JourneymanUK works. It will also help you become more aware of how you are around young people, and how that affects your relationships to them.
There will be a maximum of 15 delegates. There are 2 facilitators plus support staff who are JourneymanUK mentors.
|Early Bird||Standard Rate|
|Concessionary||£60||£80||JourneymanUK mentors, previous ROPA staff, boy’s parents, trustees, staff.|
|Standard||£80||£100||Prospective members, prospective ROPA staff.|
|Professional||£150||£200||CPD, (not ROPA staff, not J.Group mentors).|
Bursaries are available, please ask for details.
Friday 24th February 6.30 pm prompt (Doors open 6.00 pm) – 10.00 pm
Saturday 25th February 9.00 am – 7.00 pm.
If you need accommodation get in touch. It may be possible to get accommodation from a local Journeyman host.
Please eat before you arrive Friday, and bring snacks to share for the evening.
Bring and share cold buffet for Saturday lunch
For Saturday evening bring and share for a BBQ.
Drinks will be provided, bring a water bottle.
Central Bristol, TBC
Please send an email to email@example.com
“An amazing process, very well held. Safe, compassionate, tough, joyful, sad, uplifting, enriching…” DR, Stroud.
“I would recommend this training to any man, the gold available here is immense,”
“I loved seeing an inspirational model of leadership” CM Glos
“A beautiful well held space to open up listen and be heard” TS Bristol
“How funny, that after all those years my inadequacies might be the strengths that I can build myself as a man” BS Glos