- This event has passed.
Inner Mentor Training – Chesterblade Hills (near Frome/Glastonbury)
October 10 @ 9:00 am - October 11 @ 5:00 pm
The Inner Mentor Training (IMT) is a small group experiential training for men. For fathers, carers, uncles, men working with adolescents and all men interested in their personal and professional development.
The IMT will help you:
- Be prepared to support your son through his teenage years
- Deal better with challenges with adolescents at work or in volunteering
- Improve your mentoring skills and be more comfortable around teenagers
- Improve your ability to deal with communication breakdowns with teenagers
- Reconcile your teenage experience and be better able to be clear and present.
- This training is interactive and self-reflective; designed to support you in exploring, embracing and acknowledging your teenage experience.
- It will help you understand how that experience still affects you and those around you today and contribute to your professional and personal development.
Overview of the IMT:
- Revisit your experience of adolescence
- How fathers/carers/mentors influence our teenage experience
- The need for a safe place in a teenager’s life
- Revisiting ‘that conversation with dad’ you didn’t have as a teenager
- Our place within the flow of the generations
- How to see the positive in teenage challenges
- The role and qualities of a mentor
- Basic principles of skillful mentoring
- The importance of play in relating to teenagers
- Information about JourneymanUK group mentoring
- There will be a combination of dialogue, small-group exercises, games, and personal reflection.
- There will be an encouragement to share honestly about your experience, as much as you choose, with guidance and support.
The IMT stands alone as a powerful personal development experience as well as the entry point training for Journeyman mentors. It is a safe and confidential space to experience what it is like to be present in the company of men and in doing so to make a unique contribution towards securing a healthy future for all. In some way all men ‘mentor’ adolescents by modeling how we are as men in the home, workplace and in the world.
If you are interested in starting or joining a local mentoring circle or staffing the Rites of Passage Adventure the IMT is a good preparatory step and will give you an experience of what Journeyman is about. It will also help you become more aware of how you are around young people, and how that affects your relationships with them. Journeyman welcomes men of any race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or religious affiliation.
The IMT is led by Journeyman facilitators plus men in supporting roles.
Sat – 9.30am-6.30pm – doors at 9am
Sun – 9.30am-5.00pm – doors at 9am
If you need other accommodations get in touch, it may be possible to get accommodation from a local attendee. Or there are B&Bs near the venue.
Bring a packed lunch for Saturday and Sunday lunch and snacks to share. There is also a chance to cook simple food on a fire on the Saturday evening. Tea, coffee and soft drinks will be provided, please bring a water bottle.
If you are in an at risk group, or are shielding someone in your household or bubble who is at risk, then please do not attend this training.
We are running this training under government guidelines and ask for your cooperation with this.
Please bring hand sanitiser, a face mask N95 rated, and your own cup, water bottle, eating utensils, tissues etc.
If the weather allows we will be outdoors around a fire, so bring outdoor wear. And if we need to be indoors the space is large and well ventilated.
At times there may be the occasional need to be at closer quarters, please use your mask at these times.
- Full price for 2 days including camping: £180
- Friends and Members (regular donators receive half-price trainings – join here today): £90
- Bursary places available on request: £90